WorldFishis a member of the CGIAR Consortium, is an international, nonprofit research organization. CGIAR is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. It is carried out by the 15 centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in close collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector.
WorldFish is committed to meeting two key development challenges: 1) improving the livelihoods of those who are especially poor and vulnerable in places where fisheries and aquaculture can make a difference and 2) achieving large scale, environmentally sustainable, increases in supply and access to fish at affordable prices for poor consumers in developing countries.
A unique opportunity has arisen for gifted individuals to contribute to the mission of the organization.
(AIN project, Bangladesh)
Under the direct supervision of Chief of Party of AIN project, the Portfolio Coordinator will be required to do the following tasks:
- Provide guidance and support to the DCOP/COP in meeting priorities, deadlines, donor requirements and other organizational matters
- Develop a ‘to do list’ Keep on monthly reports/work plan/annual report/training reports, summarize the plans to be submitted by the Project Managers/Coordinators, and provide comments/feedback to COP/DCoP on regular basis
- Provide project management support to DCOP/COP, meeting milestones, provide guidance on report submission, help in writing and editing reports/presentations, tracking and updating the WorldFish system
- Assist in tracking the project progress as planned in the work plan on a regular basis
- Provide overall guidance and support to the project staff on the WorldFish system and its operations
- Help in tracking project milestones, initiating clearances for proposals/concept notes related to the project
- Assist the Communications Coordinator to disseminate information/ documents/publications to HQ and internal staff, donors, partners and other stakeholders
- Serves as the focal point for the Portfolio in dealing with senior officials/donors/partners both inside and outside the Center
- Provide communications support in preparing publications, support in editing of project documents including documentaries, help in preparing for major events, writing communiqués, etc.
- Provide assistance in developing an inventory for storing all important documents of the project and WF
- Supervise and ensure planning of center/donor/partner sponsored conferences, workshops, training courses, and other such activities related to the project Portfolio with help from the AIN staffs, especially the Training and Communications staff.
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, development studies, aquaculture or a closely related field;
- At least 8-10 years of relevant research-for-development experience
- Experience in Communication, Publication, Project Mgt. Process and development;
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication and program management skills and talent, and excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to adopt a strategic perspective and a desire to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Fluency in English;
- Fully computer literate;
- Good gender transformative approaches that contribute to development outcomes and impact; and
- Ability and willingness to travel and (re)present the program at southern part of Bangladesh within project area
WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package, a non-discriminatory policy and provides an innovative work environment. Interested applicants are invited to submit your application through BDJobs online process latest by 29 March 2014:
Please visit our website at www.worldfishcenter.org for more information on the organization.
This position will be based at the WorldFish country office in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Both internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
WorldFish is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.