To provide a complete commercial procurement function for entire bank’s expenditure with external suppliers responsible for the provision of professional expertise and at the forefront regarding the implementation and development of procurement strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a Procurement Strategy across the SBL to deliver the target benefits and financial savings including approving each category.
- Engage and support for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal; promote effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract.
- Establish new processes and systems for effective procurement across SBL.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and service on leading practice procurement to all SBL departments; assessment and management of potential risks associate with differing sourcing strategies; provide insight
through the analysis of spend, supply markets and savings;
- Ensure all goods and services purchased comply with the SBL’s corporate performance in cost, service and quality, including technical input to negotiations on strategically significant contracts.
- Develop and agree annual departmental cost savings targets for the annual Budget process; develop and agree the annual procurement plan with MD & DMDs and departmental heads.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Master’s degree in the field of business management, finance or economics and at least 15 years progressively. CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified preferred but not mandatory.
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of a new way of working Project Management and organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers, vendors and printers.
- Good IT skills to include wide experience of word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
- Significant previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of procurement benefits including financial savings.
- Strong leadership in a complex environment with a high level of uncertainty.
Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé along with cover letter and a recent photograph to Head of HR, Standard Bank Ltd, Metropolitan Chamber Building (3rd Floor), 122-124 Motijheel CA, Dhaka – 1000 or email to email@example.com on or before March 15, 2014.