Senior Manager Business Development, Dhaka, Bangladesh
British Council Senior Manager – Business Development jobs in Published Today.
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 110 countries. Our purpose is to create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.
The overall purpose of this post is to support income generation through the identification and pursuit of opportunities for contracts, partnerships, grants and paid services from development partners, foundations, trusts and the corporate sector to generate greater impact and income across the British Council’s core Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
British Council invites applications to apply for the position of Senior Manager Business Development (Pay band 7 / Grade-F)
Job Location : Dhaka
No of vacancies : 01
The successful applicant will:
- Play an active and key role in a pursuit team (for client funded donor contracts, partnerships, grants or paid services) to include pipeline management coordination and the development of an opportunity including contribution to the bid documents and relationship management with partners and consultants.
- Build relationships with both existing and new clients to ensure the early positioning for future opportunities.
- Support Strategic Business Unit (SBU) teams to pursue partnership and grant opportunities by providing advice and guidance on good practice in pursuit management, for example providing intelligence, quality reviews, and proposal management guidelines.
- Support (and lead if applicable) SBU teams to develop financial proposals for client funded donor contracts, partnerships and grant opportunities ensuring compliance with all internal and external protocols and standards.
- Support (and lead if applicable) in establishing and maintaining standards and processes for client and partner management, to include costing and pricing, track record management, partner management, consultant management, contract management, due diligence and compliance with the aim of establishing common practices and standards across all SBUs.
- Model the values and principles of an integrated country operation and to contribute to the British Council’s regional and country strategy.
The post holder will need to develop successful relationships with:
- Development partners including EU, DFID, ADB, USAID
- Corporate sector, relevant trusts and foundations
- Consultants, delivery partners, across all sectors
- British Council Bangladesh SBU leads
- British Council’s global business development and partnership teams
And will have the following skills and experience:
- At least five years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent skills and proven track record of delivering large scale project.
- Masters level qualification.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form. We will not respond to CVs.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council,Senior Manager Business Development, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Applications must be submitted electronically through the jobs portal of British Council only!!
Closing date: 28 July 2015
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and we are keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.